Here's the article in the Times "Key Lawmaker links income tax to NWI" ... frankly this is exactly why the Tea Party movement is exploding. People are sick and tired of being told to pay more, especially for things they don't want.
- I'm a fan of a Southshore extension, especially to downtown Valpo
- I'm a fan of buses being used to allow people to move around the region
- But, I have been very specific, let the prices charged for those services pay for the services themselves. If a bus should cost $4.00 charge $4.00 If the train should cost $10.00 to go to Chicago then charge $10.00.
- Subsidies to drive down the cost are foolishness
- Taxing four counties without giving them the right to vote, is also foolish.